Tuesday, November 1, 2016

EPISODE 251 - X-FORCE: 25 YEARS LATER



Another episode...another anniversary. 

A few months back Jon M. Wilson and J. David Weter joined me to talk about the 25th anniversary of the adjectiveless X-Men series being published and the mega story X-Cutioner's Song.  We had a lot of fun talking about '90s era X-books and that conversation continues in this episode as Jon stops by to talk about the other big X-release from the summer of 1991.

That's right.  We talk about X-Force.

Actually we talk about the last three issues of New Mutants and then the first four issues of X-Force as well as the Spider-Man crossover issue.  Along the way we discuss the transition the team went through from one series to the other as well as the particulars of the issues themselves.  We also discuss the fact that part of this story takes place at a location that no longer exists.  It was a fun conversation and I found myself enjoying the books a lot more than I thought I would.

At one point during the episode I talk about the trading cards that were polybagged with issue one.  Below is a graphic showing what they looked like.

Because I care.



I'd like to thank Jon for coming out to play.  Jon hosts or co-hosts such shows as Avengers Inspiration, New 52 Adventures of Superman, Amazing Spider-Man Classics and The Giant Superman Podcast.  Be sure to check those shows out because they are all well worth your time and attention.

Next Time: President Lex!  With Andy Leyland!  Be there!

No comments: