Tuesday, May 17, 2016

EPISODE 234 - DINNER WITH ALAN



Back in March I was fortunate to have dinner with the one, the only Professor Alan Middleton.  You know Alan, right?  He's the host of the Quarter Bin Podcast and the co-host of Shortbox Showcase and Dorkness to Light as well as being supreme high commander...cultural attache...

You know I'm not really sure.  I know it has to do with Latveria and Doctor Doom.  Alan loves Doctor Doom.  I suppose we all should but Alan works for the guy.  

Hail Doom.

Despite working for a tin-plated despot supreme and loving leader of Latveria Alan is also one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and we had a lot of fun having dinner and then going to a comic shop and buying cheap books.  I recorded our dinner conversation and it's a mix of what we're currently reading and the economic realities of Disney buying Marvel and how small the comic industry really is and whether or not I should look into working for the Latverian Embassy in Atlanta.

Okay.  That last part is totally not true but if there was such a place I'd probably work there.  

I mean the benefits have to be pretty good.

I'd like to thank Alan for being on the show, for the comics he gave me and for buying dinner.   

There are a number of ways to comment on this or any other episode.  The email address is viewsfromthemailbox@gmail.com.  You can even leave a comment right here on the site.  The show has a page over on Facebook so be sure to give that a "like".  I'm also on Twitter through the handle @BaileysPodcasts.  Reviews are always appreciated over on iTunes and if RSS Feeds are your thing the one for Views is right here.  All feedback will be read on the show...eventually unless you want to keep it between the two of us which is fine by me.  

Next Time: Either a special Saturday edition of Views or the first part of a two part X-Men tie in episode.  

No comments: